Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome to my fundraising page!

I have been kicking around this idea for a while, and it’s time to finally put the plan into motion.  Later this summer I will be competing in the Timberman Ironman 70.3, a Half-Ironman distance race in Gilford, NH, and along the way I will be raising money for the Conquer Cancer Foundation.  My goal is to raise $5,000 for Leukemia & Lymphoma cancer research.  Why $5,000? Because it’s a nice round figure, and I am hoping to finish the race in about 5 hours.

As some of you already know, I lost my dad to a rare form of non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma last summer. This race, coincidentally, falls on the anniversary of his death, and I’d like to honor his memory with my modest contribution.  So please help me out in making a donation to my fundraising campaign by following the link on the sidebar of this page.  All of the money we raise will be set-aside for research and grants relating to blood cancers, and please make sure to enter my information in the appropriate box so we can track our efforts.




I have decided to take on this challenge in an effort to reach out to other people who have been affected by these diseases. This will be my fifth triathlon since I began racing last year, and second Half-Ironman distance event. I have also completed three marathons, with a fourth scheduled for later this fall. My passion for endurance sports, and resulting insatiable appetite has certainly raised eyebrows among my friends and family, and now I am hoping to channel that attention into raising awareness for a better cause.

I will try to continually update this site with my training and fundraising efforts as it gets closer to race day.  So I hope you will check back frequently to track the progress. Also, if you have questions, comments, training tips, advice, or general thoughts, feel free to email me at claremonsterracing@gmail.com.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Seve, we read about your cause on Elise's blog and made a donation to cancer research in your honor. Run Steve Run!

    Frank and Gail Graff Blaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both so much,
    It's unbelievable the support that Elise has helped generate, she really is something else. Thank you again for your contribution and encouragement.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete